Last Updated on April 18, 2021 by admin
IP address management or IPAM is used to keep a record of the IP address space used in your network. IPAM is integrated with DHCP and DNS to track any changes (like DNS needs to know an IP address which is assigned by DHCP and it updates its record).
IPAM can help you with:
- How much free IP address space exists.
- How many subnets are in use and how large they are.
- Information of the default router that the network devices are using.
- Information of each host name and its associated IP address.
- Information of the Mac address associated with an IP address.