Last Updated on April 18, 2021 by admin
By default, some important system files and folders are hidden on Windows 10 so that you cannot delete accidentally. But, you may need to view them under certain circumstances, either for cleaning up the system or for repairing configuration issues. This short guide will show you how to make these files visible.
Show Hidden Files in Windows 10
- In the search bar, type 'control panel' and then click it when it pops up in a menu.
- Under 'View by', click 'Large icons'.
- Click 'File Explorer Options'.
- Open the 'View' tab.
- Select 'Show hidden files, folders and drives'.
- Uncheck 'Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)'.
- Click Yes when you are prompted.
- Click OK.